Monday, December 29, 2008

Joshua 15

What stood out today:
63 Judah could not dislodge the Jebusites, who were living in Jerusalem; to this day the Jebusites live there with the people of Judah

My Response: All these towns, lands, and the people were driven out but this one. I immediately think of Your words in Mark 9:28-29 when you came off the mountain just having been transfigured. There is a boy who had a deaf and mute spirit that the disciples could not drive out; “After Jesus had gone indoors, his disciples asked him privately, "Why couldn't we drive it out?" He replied, "This kind can come out only by prayer and fasting."” Lord, it seems there is much we can do with common grace – that is, out of our everyday relationship with you. There seems times when you bring us to situations where our spiritual gifting and natural talents are not enough. Then we have the choice: try harder, or pause and pray and fast and watch You. Lord, I feel like I am working too hard. I feel like I might not be resting in You enough.

No comments: