Sunday, December 28, 2008

Joshua 14

What stood out today:
7 I was forty years old when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadesh Barnea to explore the land. And I brought him back a report according to my convictions,
8 but my brothers who went up with me made the hearts of the people melt with fear. I, however, followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.
9 So on that day Moses swore to me, 'The land on which your feet have walked will be your inheritance and that of your children forever, because you have followed the LORD my God wholeheartedly.'
10 "Now then, just as the LORD promised, he has kept me alive for forty-five years since the time he said this to Moses, while Israel moved about in the desert. So here I am today, eighty-five years old!

My Response: Hmm… Caleb wandered 40 years with Moses in the desert. Then he waited another 45 years for his inheritance. Lord why did he not receive it when Joshua took the land? Oh… is that why you reminded Joshua in chapter 13 that there was land still to be taken? Because there were still not promises lived up to? In this case Caleb waited 85 years. How long will it take for me to follow You wholeheartedly? How long will it take for me to take all the land you have given me? Jesus, help me not to forfeit any Grace that You have given me, help me to appropriate by faith all the promised land of eternal life that is available now. God, I love you and trust you.

No comments: