Sunday, January 11, 2009

Judges 6

What stood out today: 

11 The angel of the LORD came and sat down under the oak in Ophrah that belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, where his son Gideon was threshing wheat in a winepress to keep it from the Midianites.

15 "But Lord," Gideon asked, "how can I save Israel? My clan is the weakest in Manasseh, and I am the least in my family."

22 When Gideon realized that it was the angel of the LORD, he exclaimed, "Ah, Sovereign LORD! I have seen the angel of the LORD face to face!" 

23 But the LORD said to him, "Peace! Do not be afraid. You are not going to die."

34 Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, and he blew a trumpet, summoning the Abiezrites to follow him.


My Response:  Lord, You are so patient.  You engage and stick with Gideon till he gets it; till he gets You.  Jesus I love how you reveal Yourself, I so look forward to seeing you “face to face.”  To look into Your eyes, to see Your smile, to behold Your glory and beauty.  I love the parallel to the New Testament:  I am sending you, peace, I will be with you, You will not die, the Spirit will come upon you and be in you.  Jesus, You certainly are the same yesterday, today, and forever.  You are YHWH of Exodus 3:14. You are the Alpha and the Omega, the One who is, who was, and who is to come, the Almighty of Revelation 1:8.

No comments: